Friday, August 31, 2007

Hibernating

Well since my last post I've gone into hibernation mode. I guess I had to chill out a bit, but now I'm back and feeling much better.

There's been all sorts of things going on since then too. I turned 26 last thursday, not as exciting as it sounds. You know it wasn't until I had Brock that I finally realised why my mother never got excited about her birthdays. It's just not a big thing anymore, just another day and another year. I get more excited about B's birthday these days because HE is so excited about them.

Pregnancy wise, the hospital lab lost my glucose test form so I had to re-do the test again this week. Bubby had a few really active days this week, I think he turned around and was head down and took advantage of the extra leg room. Right now he's upside down again with his little feet curled up down my cervix, such an 'interesting' sensation.

Just a few more things to organise for the baby's room, mainly decorations for the walls. They look a bit plain, I'd love to paint on but we're renting so it's not possible. I could just use the wall hanging thingys that match the cot manchester I guess but I kinda wanted to add some of my own touch. I'd love to do a canvas with his name, it's just the design details that's got me stumped.

I've also got to pull my finger out and start washing everything. It'll be weird to see all the tiny outfits and other baby things hanging on the line again. I've been thinking a lot about cloth nappies too, not sure if it's for financial reasons or just because they are cute, but I'm seriously considering using them part time after the first 8 weeks or so. Will have to convince my husband though. I'm sure he's just concerned about getting stuck with the washing, maybe the cost of MCN's also. I'll just do it and he probably won't even notice.

My scrapping world has sort of stalled a bit since the last time I posted too. I've been working on a few things for other people but haven't done much of my own stuff. I have got more excited about at the thought of actually making a career/business out of digital art. I'm finding myself being drawn to web based work, things like logos, web banners and graphics, blog banners etc. I'm certain with practice it's something that I could really be good at. Does that sound a little over confident? Oh well, having such high confidence in myself is a rather rare occurance, so I'll just revel in it while it lasts

Next tuesday is our 3rd anniversary, will be interesting to see if hubby remembers, he's shocking with dates. We've been together for seven years this year, unbelievable really it doesn't feel like that long. It's amazing to think how much has happened and changed in that time.

I've well and truely babbled on today, so with that I'll peal myself away from the computer, it's time to go shopping! I'll make sure it doesn't take me as long to update again next time. Here's a pic or two of my growing bump, just cause I haven't shared it yet.







No comments: