Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Change of plans

It seems that my plans for a stress and trouble free pregnancy and birth have gone out the window. In one foul swoop it's all turned to shit. My blood pressure is elevated. Baby is measuring big for gestation, he's also sitting in a breech position which evidently combined with his size could prove a problem sooner than it normally would. My glucose test is "expected" to come back high which will mean a fasting test and yet another trip to the hospital. All this combined with my BMI has shot me from low risk to high risk. So that means I have to see the hospital obstetricians every fortnight from now on, which isn't bad it's just a pain in the bum. The Obs clinic is always running late and with an active four year old in tow, it doesn't exactly make for a low stress trip to the hospital. Add to that the high chances of being admitted for monitoring, the whole situation has just got me stressed out.

After all the stuff that we've been through just to get pregnant, I had hoped that maybe things would be a little easier this time. Now I can't help but feel like it's fallen in a big heap. I told hubby today that I'd had this gut feeling that the end of the pregnancy would go pear shaped, that I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd either go into labour 4-5 weeks early or end up with a c-section, if not both. I know the only thing that matters is the health of our baby and I'll do what ever it takes to make sure he's ok. It just makes life so much more stressful, when things go off course this early. I guess I'm just pissed off that my body always seems to find new ways to let me down time and time again.

2 comments:

FeistyKel said...

Well that sounds shitty Em, I don't blame you for getting depressed about it. It sounds incredibly stressful (which won't help, but how can you not?)

I hope they are all wrong and things improve and quickly. :( Not a great result but there is time left yet honey, I will be hoping and wishing for good news for you xx

KirstenM said...

Well that really sux. I hope they are quite wrong and that the baby turns (as I see from your next post that you think might have - temporarily - happened since) and soon. Quite aside from the stress and misery and risk, feet on the cervix is such an unpleasant feeling!