Thursday, September 27, 2007

Growing Up

I know they have to grow up, but it's just not fair! Brock started kindy yesterday. He had a fairly disasterous trial day at a different centre earlier this year, but he seemed excited about starting at the "new kindy". It all went off without a hitch and he had a great time. Actually when I went to pick him up he didn't want to leave! He eventually decided that he'd come home with me and although he was obviously worn out, he entertained all my questioning.

He spent the day playing outside, doing puzzles and reading stories. His teacher said that he questioned everything that they gave him to eat, but once she explained what it was he was happy. He had a banana muffin for morning tea, which "tasted funny" until Miss Ella told him what it was. He refused to drink his milk at morning tea, stating he doesn't like it (the ONE thing I forgot to tell them) so he had water instead, which was "much better" apparently. At lunch he ate vegemite and strawberry jam, leaving behind his crusts as usual and gave his teacher a look when she asked him to eat them. LOL

All in all he seemed to have a great day and was really excited about going back again today. When I dropped him off this morning, I asked him if he wanted me to stay for a little bit or if he wanted to say goodbye now. He thought for, oh about a half a second and said "no I'll say goodbye now" gave me a kiss and a hug and off he went. As much as it's a little bit sad, feels like the end of his babyhood I guess, I am really happy that he's happy to be there. It certainly makes it easier for me knowing that he's in good care and he's happy.

Anyway, to celebrate the occasion of course I scrapped a page, and here it is.


Credits : Paper, Ribbon and Embellishments from “Lucky Star” free kit by Gina Cabrera of www.digitaldesignessentials.com ; Frames created in Adobe PSE ; Fonts used Kids and Georgia ; Software used Adobe PSE

No comments: